If you’re like me, you love a good mani-pedi at a nearby salon, but man, oh, man, are they pricey, especially if you get them regularly. Not only that, but most of the products they use at most spas (at least where I’m from) aren’t eco-friendly or non-toxic. In fact, it’s quite the opposite, but thankfully, you can get a non-toxic home manicure and pedicure all by yourself from the comfort of your home. And the best part is you can control the products you use in your home manicure and pedicure. How great is that?
Now before I walk you through the steps of giving yourself a DIY manicure and pedicure, let me first tell you why doing it yourself from home is worth it.
Why You Should Give Yourself a Home Manicure and Pedicure
There are several reasons why giving yourself a home manicure and pedicure is a good idea.
First, it’s cost-effective! As I’ve already mentioned, getting a professional manicure and pedicure at a salon can be expensive, and the cost can add up over time. You can save money in the long run by giving yourself a home manicure and pedicure.
Next, it’s convenient! Going to a salon to get a manicure and pedicure can take up a lot of time, especially if you have to book an appointment and travel to the salon. Not to mention having to leave home and needing to find someone to watch the kids if your children are still too young to leave by themselves. Giving yourself a manicure and pedicure from home allows you to schedule it at your convenience and saves you travel time.
It’s also often more hygienic. Salons often use the same tools and equipment on multiple clients, which can increase the risk of infections and bacteria. By giving yourself a home manicure and pedicure, you can ensure that you use clean tools and reduce the risk of infections.
It’s relaxing! Giving yourself a manicure and pedicure can be a relaxing and therapeutic experience. It allows you to take time for yourself, unwind, and pamper your hands and feet.
And lastly, it’s skill-building. Giving yourself a home manicure and pedicure allows you to learn new skills and techniques, which can be useful in the future. It can also be a fun activity to do with friends and family (girlfriend spa day, anyone?).
Alright, so hopefully, I’ve convinced you it’s worth it to do your own manicure and pedicure. Below are the steps to give yourself not just any mani-pedi but a non-toxic home manicure and pedicure.
But before I do that, let me share one of my favorite non-toxic nail polish brands with you!
100% Pure is an organic, natural beauty brand offering fruit-pigmented makeup, skin and hair care products, and, you guessed it – non-toxic nail polishes free from the top 20 chemicals found in most commercial nail polishes. You can currently get $87 worth of free products with a purchase of $85+ with discount code CLOVER at checkout. Check out all the amazing, clean products from 100% Pure, and definitely give their non-toxic nail polishes a try! I’m sure you’ll love them as much as I do.
How To Give Yourself A Home Manicure and Pedicure
Giving yourself a home manicure and pedicure can be a great way to save money, achieve professional-looking nails, pamper yourself, and keep your hands and feet looking their best. And the best thing is that it’s super easy to do yourself from home!
Here are the steps to give yourself a non-toxic home manicure or pedicure!
- Remove old nail polish: Use a non-toxic nail polish remover to remove any old polish from your nails.
- Trim and file your nails: Use nail clippers to trim your nails to the desired length, and then use a nail file to shape and smooth the edges.
- Soak your nails: Soak your nails in warm, soapy water for a few minutes to soften the cuticles and make them easier to push back.
- Push back cuticles: Use a cuticle pusher or orangewood stick to push back your cuticles gently. Be careful not to cut them or push them too far back.
- Exfoliate: Use a gentle exfoliating scrub to remove any dead skin cells and smooth out the surface of your nails.
- Moisturize: Apply a moisturizer to your hands and nails to keep them hydrated.
- Apply base coat: Apply a non-toxic base coat of clear nail polish to your nails to help the color polish adhere better and to prevent staining.
- Apply color polish: Apply two coats of your chosen non-toxic nail polish color, allowing each coat to dry fully before applying the next.
- Apply top coat: Apply a non-toxic top coat of clear nail polish to seal in the color and add shine.
- Clean up: Use a cotton swab dipped in non-toxic nail polish remover to clean up any mistakes or excess polish around your nails.
And that it! With these steps, you can achieve a beautiful home manicure and pedicure that will make your nails look oh, so good!
Herbal Skincare Recipes for Your Home Manicure and Pedicure
Now, if you’d like to take your mani-pedi to the next level, you can incorporate some simple DIY herbal skincare preparations into your home manicure and pedicure, and I’ve got the perfect recipes for you to try.
Sign up below for instant access to 4 different herbal skincare preparations (15 recipes total) to take your home manicure and pedicure up a notch or two. Trust me. You’ll thank me for this!
Love and light,
Leave A Comment